Finger On It
Comix Warriors Week #5: Create a ghost story comic.
Submissions open from 10/16/13 - 10/22/13, due at 11:59pm EST.
Since it’s October, I’ve got Halloween on the brain - and that means spooky stories are primed to steal the spotlight, at least for this month. Telling a story in just one page can be killer, but that’s where you have to get creative as a storyteller. Use imagery to help you set the mood, and use dialogue/narration efficiently. This comic can be based on personal experience or fictional, just remember to keep it ghostly.
NOTE: A countdown timer has been added to the blog’s main page, so you’ll always know how much time you have until the challenge ends! Thanks to those who suggested it. :)
Quick Rules Recap:
01. Submissions must be 1 page or less, and please try to limit very tall pages.
02. Submissions must follow the current week’s challenge.
03. Submissions must be suitable for PG-13 audiences (see here for more info on this.)
04. All submissions must be made specifically for this challenge.
Please use the submit feature to post your comic when you’re done!
I wish I could wear flannel always.
Quick week 4 comic celebrating my love of flannel for the theme of “autumn.”
QU33R, from Ignatz-Award-nominated editor Rob Kirby, features 241 pages of new comics from 33 contributorsâlegends and new faces alike.
This sounds great, guys. Let’s get it there!
…apparently this is what I can accomplish in an hour. Yeah. Don’t ask?
I don’t even know. I’m a slow drawer/planner, we were limited to one hour, and this weird kid is what came out.
In which Bro Dog learns an important life lesson about not being a bro.
Come see my neurotic drawings at drawing in circles!
Just say no to bro.
Inktober starts next week! Thirty-one days, thirty-one ink drawings.Are you ready?!INKtober rules:
1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).
2) Post it on tumblr (or Instagram, twitter, facebook, flickr, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall.)
3) Hashtag it with #inktober
4) Repeat (you can do it daily, like me, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. INKtober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.)
Looks like I know what I’ll be doing this upcoming month! :D
Tomorrow is already October?? Let’s do this!